Algorithms for Numbers and Public-Key Cryptography
Professors: Jean-Sébastien Coron
The goal of the course is to learn the basics of computational number theory and public-key cryptography.The course takes place in room MSA 4.310.
- Friday, March 2nd, 2018, 14:00-16:30
Course: Euclid's algorithm, Chinese Remainder Theorem, Modular arithmetic.
Exercise: Simple exercises.
- Friday, March 9th, 2018, 14:00-16:30
Course: Computing with large integers
Exercise: Implementation of addition and multiplication for large integers.
- Friday, March 23rd, 2018, 14:00-16:30
Course: the RSA algorithm
Exercise: implementation of RSA
- Friday, March 30th, 2018, 14:00-16:30
Course: Attacks against RSA: Coppersmith's technique
Exercise: applications of Coppersmith's technique.
- Friday, April 13th, 2018, 14:00-16:30
Course: discrete-log based cryptography